- It goes at a fair price for what you receive and low-cost than the higher-spec alternatives. With the cash that you’ll be thrifting extra, you can splurge on an extra battery or two for more flight time.
- Accordant with the Walkera augmented reality app, for games. Although this may seem gimmicky and not safe, it’s nice to see manufacturers trying to achieve greater product longevity for their users.
- Dense/Mobile without omitting features. The Vitus will fit effortlessly into most bags and doesn’t require a huge specialist backpack like the Phantom series.
- Flight time is consummate for most users. The batteries are also effortless to swap out after the drone is aired up for a long period of time.
Walkera VITUS 320 Drone
We are going to be looking at one of the latest foldable camera drones: the Walkera VITUS 320. The look and attributes are similar to the popular DJI Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom. At first glance, the VITUS 320 drone appears to provide some competition. However, can it endure to the proper scrutiny? In our in-depth review of Walkera VITUS 320 drone, we will examine its key features, performance, and more importantly, should you buy the Walkera VITUS 320 quadcopter.
The Walkera VITUS 320 drone is available on Amazon and its price varies regularly. This foldable aerial photography drone meets a lot of expectations and requirements when it comes to specifications. For rookies and recreational remote pilots, the Walkera VITUS 320 drone will give what you need.
Although, for professional drone pilots who want to grow their drone businesses, this drone has some missing features. Stick with us to find out more about it as this drone isn’t a deal-breaker for everyone. You also can pretty much pick up the Walkera VITUS 320 drone at a bargain price if you just don’t need these additional features that professional photographers are looking for. Without further ado, let’s dive into the Walkera VITUS 320 drone review.
The Many Features of Walkera VITUS 320 Drone
The Walkera VITUS 320 and DJI Mavic Pro have several commonalities. We’ll address very different similarities and differences. This guide is like a quick comparison of the VITUS 320 and Mavic Pro. Plainly, it seems reasonable to do so because the VITUS 320 is positioned as a direct competitor to DJI at a much lower price tag.
The Similarities of VITUS 320 vs Mavic Pro
- Foldable motor arms, rendering the drones compact and easy to transport. When unfolded, they have the frame of a large drone.
- Integrated with 4K video capabilities.
- Built-in 3-Axis gimbal stabilizer that produces smooth aerial footage.
- HD video transmission to high quality lives video feed from the drone.
- GPS / GLONASS module enables accurate indoor and outdoor flight with minimal drift.
The Differences of VITUS 320 vs Mavic Pro
- 3D Obstacle Avoidance sensors, the VITUS 320 can see the left and right sides while the Mavic Pro only can see forward.
- Only able to capture stills in the JPEG format which isn’t great for any photographers. DJI Mavic Pro can come up with both JPEG + RAW format stills.
- It also comes with a flight battery that is larger in size than Mavic Pro but results in shorter flight time.
- The transmitter carries an optional add-on extension piece that supports tablets which is a nice addition without having to pay extra.
- No built-in display screen for flight information. However, the information will still display on your phone/tablet which is missing.
- Limited control distances up to 1,500 meters in comparison to Mavic Pro that has a flight distance of up to 7,000 meters.
- Barrel connector for charging the controller than micro USB. It isn’t that handy, but not a big deal anyway.
The Devo-F8S Transmitter produces a 5.8 GHz Wi-Fi hotspot than using a cable to connect. Putting limits on your compatible devices. To check if your mobile device is pairable, google your phone’s name + 5.8 GHz Wi-Fi and you will have the answer.
Checking The Flight Performance
The flight performance is the most pivotal section. As you can see, the Walkera 320 VITUS drone is one of several quadcopters that sports a good flight performance thanks to its integrated 3D obstacle avoidance sensors. Additionally, it comes with good flight time and limited control distance. The Walkera VITUS 320 drone, however, falls slightly behind the popular DJI Mavic Air and Mavic Pro.
One of the main factors is that the Walkera VITUS 320 drone comes with powerful and large battery capacity. Which, of course, should result in longer flight time. Instead, it reduces how much flying time the VITUS 320 drone has. This foldable camera drone only can be flown up to an average between 22 to 28 minutes. When compared to the new DJI Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom that has lower battery capacity but longer flight time, it puts the VITUS 320 drone to shame.
Although, it is still a stellar flying gadget for its price tag. Thanks to its pliability and powerful brushless motors that change this drone into an incredible flying machine that delivers stellar aerial performance. You can easily come up with quality content thanks to its built-in 12MP camera mounted on a 3-axis gimbal stabilizer. Additionally, it comes with intelligent flight modes that make it very easy for beginners to learn how to fly a professional-grade camera drone.
The Verdict for Walkera VITUS 320 Drone
Before I conclude off the review about this drone. Let’s again go over what we talked about throughout the article. The Walkera VITUS 320 drone is a good collapsible camera drone that comes with several interesting features. Furthermore, it enables buyers to get them at a much lower price point compared to the drones sold by DJI. Although, there are some downsides at these cheaper price tag limits the features.
If the features are what appeals to you the most and the Mavic Pro seems to be too expensive for you. The Walkera VITUS 320 drone is a good alternative option. Thanks to its 4K video capabilities and integrated 3-Axis stabilized gimbal. Additionally, it can deliver over 20+ minutes of flight time. This is a drone that conquers feats and is a very capable camera quadcopter that will exceed your expectations.
If you are curious what are your substitute options for the best drones under $1,000. You can visit our buyer’s guide that covers a wide range of well-known and popular drones for less than $1,000 — some of them being a preferable option compared to the Walkera VITUS 320 drone. Happy flying and fly smart!